How do I create barcodes for scan points?
Clean Smarts allows you to print barcodes on labels (or use existing barcodes) for use as scanning points in the facilities that you service. You may have seen a similar technology in use by security personnel to verify that they were physically present at a particular place and time. This feature, in combination with GPS location tracking, gives you assurance that your personnel visited specific locations during their shift.
Scan points are associated with sub-locations, which are a way to break down a location into different areas for reporting purposes. See the related article below to learn more about adding sub-locations to an existing location.
Print barcode labels from Clean Smarts
Follow the steps below to print barcodes for your sublocations:
- Go to Admin > Manage Locations in the web app.
- Click the pencil icon next to the location for which you want to print barcodes.
- Scroll down to the "Organization" section.
- Click "Print All Barcodes" to print a barcode for all sub-locations. You can also print barcodes individually by clicking the barcode icon under "Print Barcodes".
- Set the margins in your browser print settings to 0 inches for the left and right margins, and 0.5 inches for top and bottom.
Barcodes will print on label templates with a label size of 1 inch x 2 5/8 inches and 30 per page. Avery is a common brand in the United States, and all of these Avery template numbers match that size: Avery 15510, 15660, 18160, 5260, 5630 and 5660.
Register barcodes you already have
You can also register your own barcodes. This is done from the mobile app. To do this, you must have the Organizations module.
- Go to "Locations" in the main menu.
- Tap the location that has the scan point you want to register a barcode for.
- Tap on the arrow next to a scan point.
- Click on the "Register" button to scan any barcode. That barcode will now be the barcode associated with this scan point.