How do I integrate with QuickBooks Online?
Currently, Clean Smarts supports the syncing of employee and customer data from QuickBooks Online to Clean Smarts and the syncing of check-ins from Clean Smarts to QuickBooks Online as time activities.
How to Connect to Your QuickBooks Online Account
- From the web app, go to Admin > Company Settings.
- Under the Payroll Integration section, select "QuickBooks Online".
- Click the green "Connect to QuickBooks" button. A window will pop up where you will be asked to log into QuickBooks Online (if you are not already logged in) and select a company to connect to.
- Once the pop-up closes, save company settings by clicking "Submit Changes" at the bottom of the page.
Note: You will need to re-connect your QuickBooks Online if you do not use the integration for 100 days. You'll be made aware of this circumstance if you attempt to sync employees, customers, or time activity and receive an error.
How to Sync Users
Once you've connected your QuickBooks Online account, you can import employee profiles as users from QuickBooks Online into Clean Smarts.
Please follow the instructions in the related article at the end of this article: "How do I sync users using an integration?"
How to Sync Locations
Once you've connected your QuickBooks Online account, you can also import customer accounts into Clean Smarts as locations.
Please follow the instructions in the related article at the end of this article: "How do I sync customer accounts using an integration?"
How to Sync Time Data
Check-in data is synced to QuickBooks Online as soon as it is approved in Time Tracking > Approve Hours. When a manager or supervisor approves time, Clean Smarts will send the check-in details to QuickBooks Online as time activity. The following information is sent:
- The associated QuickBooks Online Employee ID, which is determined by how users are linked in Admin > Manage Users > Sync Users.
- The check-in time.
- The check-out time. If there are any positive adjustments (added time), the out-time sent will be the adjusted check-out time.
- Break hours and minutes, if there are any negative adjustments (i.e. time subtracted, such as for meal breaks),
- The associated QuickBooks Online Customer ID, which is determined by how locations are linked in Admin > Manage Locations > Sync Locations.
If a manager unapproves time or deletes the check-in, Clean Smarts will remove the related time activity from QuickBooks.
Please note that if another application modifies a time entry in QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Online will not allow Clean Smarts to make further modifications to that time activity.