How do I assign inspectors to locations?
After you have created a location, you can assign inspectors to that location so they can see the location in their mobile app and perform inspections there.
First, give the inspector access to that location.
Simple method (from the Manage Users screen)
- Click the pencil icon of the user that you want to add as an inspector.
- Under the Access section, click in the box next to "Locations"
- Select the location from the drop-down.
- You'll be asked if you want to add the user to a shift at the location. Click "No".
- Save the changes to the user's profile.
Alternative method (from the Manage Locations screen)
- Click on the user icon next to the location where you want to grant access to the user. If you have your organization set up in layers, then you could also grant access to a location above the location you want inspected. For example, if you have five locations under a location called "East Side", you could add your inspector to the "East Side" location, and he would automatically see all locations underneath "East Side".
- Click the Add User(s) button and select the User.
- Click Submit.
Next, assign the inspector to an inspection schedule.
- Go to Scheduling > Assign Inspectors.
- Type the location in the search bar or scroll down to find the location you want to add the user to. Adjust the scheduling viewing dates if necessary.
- Click the Add button.
- Select the user from the drop down, and set the dates of how long the inspector will be assigned to that location. If you leave the "Through" date blank, the assignment will continue indefinitely.