How do I review and approve time sheets?
You can review time and attendance information from the Time Tracking > Approve Hours view.
- First, double check that the location dropdown and date settings are correct. For the date settings, you can either select a recent pay period or set a custom date range if you select "Custom date range".
- Next, review the list of users for overtime. Regular time appears as a blue bar in the Hour Summary column. Overtime and double overtime appear as orange and red bars, respectively, at the tip of the blue bar. Overtime can be caused by an employee forgetting to clock out on time, sometimes clocking out on the following day.
- Click on the "View and Approve" button to see the timesheet detail for a user and approve their time. To the right of the timesheet, you will see notes that the user may have entered as they clocked out and notes managers may have added to the timesheet from the mobile app. Hover over the text to see the entire message if it is truncated. You can also click on the pencil icon to open the details of a single time entry.You can click on the checkboxes next to the location to approve an individual entries, or you can click on the "Approve" button in the bottom-right corner of the pop-up window to approve all entries at once.If the employee had any time entries that overlapped with any other time (whether due to forgetting to clock out or a manager adding a duplicate time entry), these will be highlighted in red with the word "OVERLAP" in the Week Ending column. These should be reviewed carefully.
- As a final check, click the blue "Scan for Errors" button below the search bar to run a scan of the timecards for this period. You will be notified if there are unapproved entries, open time entries, or overlapping time. You can click on time entries and modify them right from the scan pop-up window.
- OPTIONAL: Once you have approved hours, you can lock the timesheets for this period by clicking the "Lock Period" button. This will prevent a user from modifying, removing, or unapproving any time records through the "Through Date" selected.