How do I automatically add break time to a shift?
Clean Smarts gives you a lot of flexibility to automatically remove break- or meal-time or add driving time to an employee's time. These adjustments can be customized for each shift. For example, you can have a 30-minute break automatically deducted from an employee's time after they've been on the clock for at least 5 hours. This adjustment happens automatically when the employee clocks out.
Steps to modify adjustments
You can modify the shift adjustment settings if you have access to the Organization module.
- Go to Admin > Manage Locations.
- Click on the pencil icon for the location with the shift you want to add an adjustment to.
- Click "Add Adjustment" under an existing shift, which is under Shift Information.
- Add a description for the adjustment ("Lunch", "break", "drive time").
- Select whether time should be subtracted or added to the employee's time and how many hours or minutes to add or subtract in hour:minute format ("0:30" is thirty minutes, for example).
- Enter the duration that the employee has to be clocked in before the adjustment is made. For example, "6:00" means that the time adjustment will only be applied when an employee logs at least 6 hours on that shift.
- Save the location settings.