How do I use Check-in Tag (NFC) check-in?
Clean Smarts now supports the use of Near Field Communication (NFC) tags, which we call Check-in Tags, for clocking in and out. These tags are more secure than barcodes. Check-in Tags communicate with mobile devices through a short-range, wireless connection. When an NFC-enabled mobile device comes close to the Check-in Tag, typically within a few centimeters it can read data from the tag.
Mounting Check-in Tags
Check-in Tags come with mounting tape applied to the back. Mount the tag in a location where your employees are instructed to clock in, following these steps:
- Select a surface that is rigid and untextured forplacement of the tag. Ideal surfaces include glass, ceramic, marble, wood, or plastic.
Do not mount the tag to a metal surface, as it will prevent devices from being able to read the tag.
Do not mount the tag to painted surfaces; it will cause paint to peel when you remove the tag. Also, the tag may not adhere properly when applied to a textured surface such as brick.
- Make sure the surface is clean and dry.
- Remove the film from tape on the back of the tag.
- Press the tag against the surface for 20 seconds.
Registering Check-in Tags
Once you have mounted your tag, you can register it in the Clean Smarts mobile app:
- Ensure that you have the Location (Edit) module, and that your company has subscribed to the Expert tier.
- Go to My Jobs > List.
- Find the desired location in the list, and tap on the three dots next to the location name.
- Tap “Assign NFC to location”.
- A pop-up will appear. Move your device near the tag and hold it near the device for 3 seconds to register the tag. The NFC sensor location is different depending on your phone (see image below).
How Cleaners Check in Using Tags
Cleaners check in with Check-in Tags similarly to barcodes:
- The cleaner goes to My Jobs and taps on his or her shift.
- The cleaner slides the green check-in slider button labeled “Check in with NFC”. If the button simply says “Slide to check in”, then the location may not have been registered for use with Check-in Tags. Please follow the steps above to register the location for Check-in Tag use.
- A pop-up appears. The cleaner moves the device near the tag to clock in.