How can I set different checklists for each cleaner at the same location?
When a checklist is attached to a location, by default each cleaner sees the same checklist. The tasks on the checklist are not shared; in other words, each cleaner is expected to do the tasks he or she can see. If you have a team of cleaners where each cleaner works on different tasks, this can be set up in one of two ways.
Method 1 (Recommended): Create different shifts and attach specific checklists to each shift
- Under Admin > Manage Locations > pencil icon (or from the Schedule > Calendar View), create a separate shift for each cleaning group. For instance, you could create a Light Duty shift, a Bathroom shift, and a Flooring shift. These shifts could have the same recurrence settings so that they happen at the same time.
- Add users to the shift by selecting them in the Scheduled users drop-down list.
- After saving the shift, go to Admin > Manage Locations > Manage Checklists (under the Action dropdown menu for the location).
- Add all of the checklists for the shifts you created to the location under "Select task lists:".
- For each checklist, select which shift it applies to.
That's it! Now any user assigned to that shift will see only the checklists that apply to that shift.
Method 2: Create sublocations and attach checklists and users to each sublocation
If you prefer to not maintain multiple shifts, another approach is to create sublocations at the service location. Checklists can then be attached and user access granted at the sublocation level. The disadvantage of this method is that a change in assignment requires you to go into the location details and remove the old cleaner and add the new cleaner from the sublocation.
- Open the location in Admin > Manage Locations > pencil icon.
- Click the checkbox at the top of the form labeled "Click here if you need to add sublocations to this location."
- Scroll to the "Organization" section of the form, and click "+ Add Sub" for each area or task grouping.
- For each task area, click on the checklists icon to attach the checklist(s) that apply to that area.
- For each task area, click on the users icon to select which user is supposed to clean that area.