How do I update multiple users' module access at once?
Clean Smarts allows you to create custom user roles with different module access for each user role. You can then set the role for each user, and changes made to the modules for that role will affect all users with that role. You can also choose to set custom modules for a user regardless of his or her role.
How to create and modify user roles
- Go to Admin > Company Settings > Users
- Click on "Add User Role" or select "Edit" from the Action dropdown next to an existing user role.
- You can add or modify the description of the user role, e.g. "Manager", "Scheduling Supervisor", or "Customer with Dashboard Access".
- You can then add or modify the module access for the role. Clicking on a default role will populate the most common modules for certain roles such as an Adminstrator or Cleaner. By clicking in the box of selected modules, you can add or remove from the default list. Or you can start from scratch and add the modules that are needed for the role.
- Click "Save" to save your changes.
How to set the user role and, optionally, customize module access for a user
- Go to Admin > Manage Users.
- Click the pencil icon next to the user whose modules you want to alter.
- Scroll to the "Access" section of the user form and select a role for the user.
- OPTIONAL: You may want to designate a user for a specific role without using the exact modules related to that role; you may want to add or remove a certain capability from just that user and no other users with that role. To do this, check the box labeled "Use custom modules instead of using modules according to role."You can then select the custom modules for the user. If you want to select the modules of a custom user role as a starting point, select the role from the User Role dropdown while the "Use custom modules..." checkbox is checked, and the module selection box will be populated with the modules of that custom user role. You can then add or remove modules as you'd like.