How do I fix problems with the QuickBooks Desktop Web Connector?
In cases where users are upgrading from an older version of QuickBooks, they may find that their new version of QuickBooks no longer works with web applications, like Clean Smarts, that use the QuickBooks Web Connector. In these cases, we have found that the root cause is usually because the QuickBooks Web Connector has not been updated at the same time. The Web Connector and QuickBooks Desktop are actually two independent software applications. Upgrading QuickBooks Desktop without upgrading QuickBooks Web Connector can cause them not to operate properly with one another, specifically when QuickBooks Desktop has been upgraded to a version that uses 64-bit architecture and the QuickBooks Web Connector version uses 32-bit architecture.
Installing QuickBooks Web Connector
Please follow the steps in this support article to install the new version of the QuickBooks Web Connector:
Tips If You Encounter Problems
- If you get an error when installing the new version of QuickBooks Web Connector, you will need to manually delete a folder called "QuickBooksWebConnector" in either of the following directories:
- C:\Program Files(x86)\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\ or,
- C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\
- If you are running QuickBooks Desktop from a remote desktop or are logged in as a user without administrative rights in Windows, you will need to work with your IT provider to remove the old version of Web Connector and install the new version. You'll see errors such as "You do not have permission to delete this folder".
- When installing the new version of the Web Connector (the download link is in the article below), you need to first extract the zip file you downloaded then right click on the "QBWebConnectorInstaller.exe" file and select "Run as Administrator".