How do I send a one-on-one or group message?
With Clean Smarts you can start a chat with an individual or group of people. This article will walk through how to start a message thread on the mobile and web apps, how to add users to a chat after it has been created, and how to remove users from a thread.
How to start a message thread on the mobile app
Custom message threads can only be started by a user with the Messaging (Company) module. This allows you to control who can initiate a conversation.
1. Select Messaging from the sidebar in the app.
2. Select groups near the top of the messaging module.
3. Add any amount of people to the message you would like in your custom group (even a single person for direct messaging).
4. Begin the conversation — All users in the group will receive notifications of the new message, and will be able to respond accordingly.
How to start a message thread on the web app
1. Navigate to the Messaging module and select "Send Message" as shown below:
2. Type the message you would like to send, and select the users you would like to send it to!
How to add users to an existing message thread on the mobile app
1. Simply rest your finger on the name of the chat, swipe to the left, and release your finger.
Doing this will automatically let you edit group members and even delete the group.
How to remove users from a message thread on the mobile app
The ability to add or remove users from a message thread currently has to be done through the mobile app. This functionality will be added eventually to the web app. The process from the mobile app will be similar to editing a group:
1. Just rest your finger on the name of the user you would like to delete, drag to the left, and release.
2. An alert box will pop-up to confirm you would like to delete the user. Click "yes".