How do I export timesheet data in Paychex format?
You can export your time and attendance detail to a format that is ready to upload into Paychex.
Selecting Paychex as your payroll system
- Go into Admin > Company Settings and scroll down to Payroll Integration
- Select the Paychex option.
- Enter your Company ID.
- Save the company settings
Adding Worker IDs to Clean Smarts
The Worker ID is the Paychex unique user ID which needs to be entered into Clean Smarts for each user in their profile in order to map hours to the correct person.
- Go to Admin > Manage Users.
- Click on the pencil icon next to the user.
- Scroll to the "Payroll System ID" field, and type in the Worker ID.
- Save the user's profile.
- Repeat this process for each employee.
Exporting time data
- Go to the Time Tracking > Approve Hours report.
- You will now see an Paychex export button. Click it to download a comma-delimited spreadsheet format that is suitable for Paychex upload.
- Company ID: this is the field from Company Settings mentioned above.
- Worker ID: this is the "Payroll System ID" mentioned above.
- Pay Component: either "Regular", "Overtime", "Doubletime". Contact support if your pay components are labeled differently in your Paychex environment.
- Hours: the sum of hours for the selected period, rounded to two decimals.