Why does it say my username and password combination is not correct when I try to log in?
If we can't find your email address when you log in, you'll get this error: "Username/password combination is not correct". This can be caused by a couple of reasons. Please try the steps below to troubleshoot this error:
Double check your username spelling and password entry
This is the most common reason for receiving a log in error. It can be easy to incorrectly type your username or password. Double check that caps-lock is off.
Rare cases: network geo-steering errors or overseas travel
Clean Smarts maintains servers in different parts of the world, and our content delivery provider will route you to the nearest server. This is called "geo-steering". These servers are independent of each other, so if your account was set up on one server, it is not copied to another server. Geo-steering is based on where you are when you attempt to connect to Clean Smarts; generally speaking, users in the western hemisphere are routed to servers in the United States. Users in the eastern hemisphere are routed to servers in the United Kingdom. If your account is set up in, say, the United Kingdom, and you travel to Mexico for vacation, you will not be able to log into your account by simply going to https://admin.cleansmarts.com. You may need to use one of these direct URLs:
- https://admin-us.cleansmarts.com (US server)
- https://admin-uk.cleansmarts.com (UK server)
On a rare occasion, our content delivery provider can route you to the incorrect server. In these cases, we require additional information to troubleshoot the problem. If all of the above have failed, please try these steps below:
- Open Google Chrome and go to https://admin.cleansmarts.com.
- Look for the three-dot button in the top-right of the browser screen and select More Tools > Developer Tools.
- From the panel opened, select the Network tab.
- Look for a round, red Record button in the upper left corner of the tab, and make sure it is red. If it is grey, click it once to start recording.
- Check the box Preserve log.
- Click the Clear button to clear out any existing logs from the Network tab.
- Press F5 on your keyboard to reload the page.
- Once you have reproduced the issue, right-click on the item in the list labeled "?view=login", select Save as HAR with Content, and save the file to your computer (see screenshot below).
- Please submit a support ticket through our Help Center and attach the file you downloaded from step 8 above.
This image shows you where to find the buttons described in the steps above.